Saturday 27 September 2014

Is society going to blame her for wearing a frock?

I remember what my three- year old nephew told me when I asked him what time it was.
''It's sleeping time"
This one statement brought a bright smile to my face and I went ahead and hugged him. His innocence was what I loved the most about him. That childish innocence sure is lovable.

As I read the news paper today, I came across an article about a three-year old girl being raped. Yes, I am sure it's three. As old as my little nephew and probably just as innocent. She would have been hugged and kissed and sent to school. Little did she know what fate had in store for her.
And then, it happened. That horrific incident committed by a ruthless, inhuman and disgusting individual.
Somebody with no self respect and absolutely no room for love in his heart.
That little girl knew nothing. She couldn't explain what happened even after it did. All she felt was pain and all that was left behind was a scar in her life.
This is one instance. How many more? Nobody knows for sure.
People who take advantage of the vulnerable are nothing but undignified and worthless. That little girl was innocent. Is society going to blame her for wearing a frock?

No comments:

Post a Comment